PS About shop portfolio

6.09.2014

MA K E :: leather card holder

 photo cover_zpsfa1c3080.jpg
The Summer time is full of days at the beach or pool, where you don't really want to take a big purse. I love to grab a little satchel filled with my essentials. Instead of throwing my whole wallet in there, I like to have a few cards and cash, ya know, just in case. These little leather card holders are just the trick and they're the easiest to whip up!

 photo supplies_zps2b55b2b3.jpg
S U P P L I E S :: scrap leather, scissors, paint/brush, sewing machine

 photo 7_zps24c0998d.jpg
1) Begin my cutting out rectangles from your scrap leather. The easiest way is to place a card down and trace around it, leaving approximately 1/4 inch of extra space around each side. At the end of one piece, cut out a triangle shape - as seen in the photo below.

 photo 4_zps9118bfce.jpg
2 ) Using your sewing machine, use a simple stitch all the way around the two pieces of leather. Trim any excess pieces around the edges so they line up.

 photo 1_zpsb26cdd0a.jpg
 photo 2_zps2d5dd37a.jpg
Use your paint to add a little extra flair! I love the way the gold came out on the nude leather - it has a nice natural and understated look. This little project took about fifteen minutes and I love them! These would make great gifts too! As always, feel free to leave a comment with any links that show how yours came out!

xo. mel

2 comments:

  1. I love this little project! I've been looking for a simple card holder for exactly this purpose, but all I seem to find are outlandish colors or high price points. I had no idea that they would be so simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a cute yet simple project! I'm forever losing my train tickets and ID, so I'll definitely be saving this one for a rainy day :)

    ReplyDelete