PS About shop portfolio

1.28.2014

M A K E :: bauble necklace

I love jewelry that is simple, but makes a statement. This bauble necklace is the perfect combination of just that!


S U P P L I E S   ::  wooden beads, cord, paint/brushes

E A S Y   A S   1 ,  2 ,  3


1.) Gather your beads and paint them with their first coat. I found it easiest to get all sides, by slipping the beads onto a wooden dowel, so they wouldn't slip around and I didn't have to touch them.

2.) Continue by adding details such as patterns! I chose to do gold stars and a Dalmatian print. I'm obsessed with black and white combos right now.

3.) Once your paint has dried, set your beads out. Cut approx. 20inches of cord - varying in how low long you'd like your necklace to hang. String the cord through your beads!

4.) Take both ends and tie a double knot. You can also opt to use closures, but I like simple, and slipping the necklace over my head just makes more sense. Trim any excess cord from the ends.


I love how these turned out! This would be a really fun project to do with kids too - little girls can make their very own dress up jewelry; even make some to look like a strand of pearls! So many fun ideas! As always, share a link below if you decide to try it out!


xo. melisa

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea! They look really cute :)

    ReplyDelete