PS About shop portfolio

8.15.2013

L E W E D :: double digits



Alright, we're not only in double digits, but currently 83 days away! People aren't lying when they say that after 100, the days just fly. They are flying indeed. We're getting a lot done and finally getting to make some decoration purchases, which has been so much fun! We have a cake now, a videographer, and bridesmaid dresses! We still need to build some pieces for the reception and get those invitations out! Like asap. Time got away from us on the save the dates, so we're just sending out our invites a little early. Most of our close friends and family already know, so we're not too concerned. Aside from a few little things, we haven't really had any huge stressful moments. It's still so wonderful being able to plan such a life changing event with the man I'm going to marry. He's had an opinion on most everything and I love seeing how we compromise and support one another's creative ideas. It's kind of beautiful, the give and take.

We've found our new home and signed the papers last week! We purchased our first piece of furniture - a beautiful console from Pottery Barn, and now we're having fun piecing together everything else. I can't wait to build a home with Elisha. And the sooner we have a home, the sooner we get a dog. I'm just saying. But on the reals, I have moved at least 20 times in my life and it will be good to be settled for awhile. It's less than two months until I move in!

Lately, I've been trying to soak up every moment and write down how I'm feeling. These last two weeks have been fun, inspiring, overwhelming, unbelievable and everything I hoped. I think as of late, I'm more aware that I am a bride to be, I'm planning a wedding and I'm getting married real soon. Since turning 25 I've felt a new level of maturity sweep over. I feel like these last few weeks have only solidified that feeling. Being an adult always scared me - I was the kid who never wanted to grow up. While being an adult has it's own set of responsibilities and sure, it can be a little stressful at times, it also carries such a beautiful new way of life. I like it.

I will say this though, I kind of still can't believe this is really happening. Like, I'm getting married. It's real.


xo. melisa

(photo credit :: Kalli Carr Photography)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your wedding planning is going well! It can be really stressful. When I got married I found the most stressful part was trying to make my family happy.

    Growing up is so scary. I recently turned 25, but it still feels so weird. I still feel like a kid most of the time.

    Christen
    http://christenlouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete