PS About shop portfolio

1.24.2012

a word of encouragement

The other day the Mr shared a very inspiring sermon on becoming the kind of person that God can use. His first point was that we should be the kind of people who are willing to go where few are willing to go. It really struck my heart. I think it's easy to talk a big game, saying we're totally open to new challenges and we'll go wherever God calls us to go, but actually doing it is a completely different story. I know I'm going to do big things with my life, not because I'm awesome or deserving, by any means, but because I'm willing. It's scary to be wiling, but honestly there's no other place I'd rather be then exactly where God is calling me to. 
Do you ever feel like you're different? Like people just don't get you? Yeah, me too. Honestly, sometimes it's better to be rare then like every other gem. Everyone is special, but sometimes you're meant to shine a little brighter. All this to say, don't be afraid to shine. Don't be afraid to be who you are. Don't be afraid to go to the next level, whatever that may mean for you. Go where few are willing to go. Be a leader and don't look back. Be fearless and bold and courageous, because you are a fully capable woman, capable of doing infinitely incredible things for the good of this world.


xo.
Melisa

13 comments:

  1. thanks for the encouragement; just what I needed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great word! i totally needed to hear that today - thanks :)

    xx Ashleigh
    www.ashflynn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So inspiring... I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great words of encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i like the encouragement and exhortation here girl. Thanks for that. God is so in need of more willing men and women. I pray to be more willing all the time because it is something that I, in and of myself, cannot do.

    ♥CheChe

    http://savedthrulove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. dianne24.1.12

    melisa, i love that statement!
    i've been on the look-out for quotes to use for a decor project i'm doing.. do you mind if i use it?

    dianne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much girls!

    Dianne - absolutely you can! Id love to see it when you finish^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good words! Recently I've found that "going where most are not willing to" has meant just being a true friend to others. Learn how to be vulnerable in opening my life and home up is really challenging. Sometimes the big things God has called us to are seemingly small. But it's the impact that counts.
    Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Melisa! I discovered your blog through MaieDae and really like the different series and topics you discuss here. Like Girl Talk, I just love that!! And this post. There are so many things that I want to learn more about - and do more of - to go to that next level. And we are SO capable! Thanks for reminding me of that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Inspiring and wise. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Think we should be friend. ;) I am exactly in the same place. On the edge of a huge adventure and the only reason I am there is because I am willing to obey and jump in. BUT I am not without butterflies...

    ReplyDelete