PS About shop portfolio

8.20.2011

Paint It Pretty

The other day, Whitney and I went to IKEA. I love love IKEA and my favorite part is getting to the end and rummaging through the "as is" section. This time I came across a random piece of wood that I assume was a part of some type of table or entertainment center. It had a few minor scrapes, but it was in fine condition, and for only 3 dollars, I knew I could make something pretty of it. So, I decided to paint it pretty.
I took Elsie's idea and made it my own. I chose lyrics from a song the Mr and I love and painted it on the piece of wood. If you don't have the best penmanship, you can use stencils. Fortunately the piece I got had little holes in the back, perfect for hanging. The overall project cost me $4.50; not too shabby if you ask me!
This isn't crazy intricate by any means, but it just goes to show that one man's trash is another man's treasure. You can make anything into something special. 

xo.
Melisa
PS: I like that the word 'trumpets' got bigger towards the end because it reminds me of the actual shape of a trumpet!

4 comments:

  1. I love that song! This is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea. I must try something like this for when my fiance and I move in together!!

    ReplyDelete