PS About shop portfolio

7.22.2011

Guest Post // This + That

Hello!! So, I have talked lots and lots on my blog about my infamous move back home. Yep, I graduated [with a BA in design], moved back in with my parents and sister, and I re-did my room! That is the best part of moving: redecorating. I had so much fun choosing furniture, shopping, organizing, and such.

I basically chose brown and white as my colors because I always have a tranquil, peace theme going on and I wanted to recycle/re-use a lot of my things so I went with it. I got all new furniture from IKEA.

The collection I chose was MALM. I got the full bed, and a dresser that has 6 drawers [which I thought would be enough but I wish it had 2 more! Lol]. I mixed in some while floating shelves as night stands and the OFELIA blanket for a nice feminine touch on the bed.



The ‘love’ pillow is from urban as well as the peace sign one. The peace sign lamp is from PB teen. It adds such a nice light ambiance when its on at night. My boyfriend gave me the white lantern star that is hung above my bed, which is my favorite part of the room. He is so sweet. I fell in love with it at a store in Tampa, FL and he bought it for me right then and there.


I decided to not have a desk in the room. I have a separate workspace downstairs to separate sleep, leisure, and relaxation from work.

Enjoy the pictures! Let me know if you have any questions about where anything is from. You can visit me at This + That, for more posts like this.  You can also follow me on twitter at camborges. xoxo, Mila 

Thanks so much Mila! Isn't her room oh so cute?? I just love it all; so simple and pretty^_^


xo.
Melisa

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I love this, it's a very pretty room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her room is gorrrgeous! Lovely guest post. :) -- Sea Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for having me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I love the simple shelves on either side of the bed.

    ReplyDelete